- Automated Scheduling
- Real Time – Time and Attendance
- Automated Notification System
- Overtime Management
- Extra Duty Scheduling and Invoicing
- Timesheets and Payroll Integration
- Training Certification Management
- Web-Based Access
- Smart Phone Access
- Court Scheduling
- Crossing Guard Scheduling
- K-9 Records Tracking
- Hosting Services
- VCS Payroll Services
Hosting Services provide a cost-effective means of purchasing state-of-the-art software that otherwise might be unobtainable. Removing the requirements to purchase, build, and maintain an expensive IT infrastructure is a thing of the past with a Hosting Services model. With such a model, public safety agencies can log onto services that are built within shared infrastructures accessible through the Internet. The outsourcing of one’s infrastructure has flourished in recent years due to the many benefits that it offers to agencies of all sizes and complexities. Agencies that select a Hosting Services model can expect to gain significant benefits that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- No hardware to purchase, install or maintain. Given the current shortage and expense of dedicated IT personnel, the Hosting Services model reduces the burden placed on IT departments that are already managing multiple platforms and projects. Instead, VCS will manage these requirements, so there is no need for agencies to purchase additional hardware, software, or bandwidth as the solution and user base changes.
- Rapid deployment. Since there is no software installation required, Command Staff and supervisors can immediately focus on schedule and rules building as opposed to waiting to receive and install expensive hardware and software.
- Simple, low cost implementation for multiple locations. Multi-site locations do not require high power servers for Terminal Server or Citrix architectures with a Hosting Services model, thereby simplifying the implementation process.
- Reduced Capital Outlay. As VCS is responsible for the maintenance and upgrading of all network hardware and related software, agencies do not have to budget for these expenses that include the replacement and upgrading of servers, database software, network switches, etc. Depending on department size, these costs can be considerable. With a Hosting Services model, savings can be in the thousands of dollars over the course of the solution’s lifetime.
- No updates or upgrades to install. Users enjoy access to the latest version of the solution at all times because updates, upgrades, and enhancements are made available automatically.
- Access to comprehensive security. Automatic access to back-up, disaster recovery and support services are available through the Hosting Services model. Spend less time managing your application and more time on your core business activities.
- High Adoption. The solution is available from any computer or device 24/7/365. As most users have become more computer savvy, Hosted applications tend to have high adoption rates coupled with little or no learning curves.
- Seamless Integration. The VCS solution can indefinitely scale to meet the specific demands of any customer. Hosting Services clients will also benefit from dozens of custom built and tested interfaces to Payroll, Records Management, Computer Aided Dispatch, and many other valuable API’s.
- Lower Cost of Total Ownership. When considering a Hosted Services solution, it is critical to understand the full benefits of the Hosted model as well as the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for hosted vs. premise-based solutions. Comparisons are often made between the annual maintenance fee of the hosted solution vs. the applicable hardware costs of the traditional solution. When comparing the two models, one must take into consideration that the hardware costs for a traditional premise-based model are only a small portion of the total costs to implement, customize, manage, and support premise-based software.
Additional Technical Specifications
To learn more about VCS' scheduling suite of automated software products, please click here to schedule your personalized software demonstration.