- Automated Scheduling
- Real Time – Time and Attendance
- Automated Notification System
- Overtime Management
- Extra Duty Scheduling and Invoicing
- Timesheets and Payroll Integration
- Training Certification Management
- Web-Based Access
- Smart Phone Access
- Court Scheduling
- Crossing Guard Scheduling
- K-9 Records Tracking
- Photo Identification Tools
- Hosting Services
Fiscal responsibility in the area of overtime management within the Public Safety Sector drives the need for a scheduling system that effectively and efficiently tracks, manages, and accounts for all overtime. Inherent in VCS’ Scheduling Suite of Products are the solutions necessary to control overtime resulting in dramatic and proven cost reductions that directly impact an agency’s bottom line.
Automated Overtime functionality includes the ability to:
- Allow only pre-determined, eligible personnel the ability to sign up for overtime jobs.
- Accurately fulfill and approve overtime shifts at the supervisor level while ensuring compliance with department “fairness” rules, collective bargaining agreements, government regulations or municipal policies.
- Track, monitor, and control overtime expenditures with VCS’ extensive repertoire of reports that include, but are not limited to: the Overtime Activity Report, Overtime Valuation Detail Report, Overtime Valuation Report by Post or by Employee, and Overtime Summary Report by Precinct.
- Download overtime and time-off data directly to payroll for accuracy in payroll reporting.
- Interface with PARS (VCS’ Personnel Audio Response System) for instant telephonic acceptance, and/or denial of overtime opportunities.
- Group personnel in pre-determined overtime categories for which they show eligibility allowing accurate and instant fulfillment of jobs.
The need to monitor and control the use of overtime in the public safety sector continues to drive home the fact that prior manual, labor-intensive Time and Attendance processes simply don’t provide the answer. In the final analysis, it all comes back to the same fundamental goal – increased efficiency, and the accuracy of labor reporting. This all leads to an organization that is much more productive and able to predict, prepare, and assign overtime with greater accuracy and efficiency.
VCS understands the connection between managing your workforce and staying within budget allotments. Our Scheduling and Time & Attendance solutions drive and support fiscal accountability and responsive overtime management.
To learn more about the VCS’ scheduling suite of automated software products, please click here to schedule your personalized software demonstration.