- Automated Scheduling
- Real Time – Time and Attendance
- Automated Notification System
- Overtime Management
- Extra Duty Scheduling and Invoicing
- Timesheets and Payroll Integration
- Training Certification Management
- Web-Based Access
- Smart Phone Access
- Court Scheduling
- Crossing Guard Scheduling
- K-9 Records Tracking
- Hosting Services
- VCS Payroll Services
Historically, Public Safety agencies were required to buy, build, and maintain their IT infrastructures despite exponential costs. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) gives Public Safety agencies an alternative means of maintaining such infrastructures. Now, agencies can plug in and subscribe to services built on shared infrastructure via the Internet. The SaaS model has flourished in recent years because of the many benefits it offers to departments of all sizes and complexities. Departments that choose SaaS for their Scheduling and Notification solutions gain many benefits, including:
- No hardware to purchase, install or maintain. Given the current shortage and expense of dedicated IT personnel, the SaaS model reduces the burden placed on IT departments that are already managing multiple platforms and projects. Instead, VCS will manage these requirements, so there is no need for agencies to purchase additional hardware, software, or bandwidth as the solution and user base changes.
- Rapid deployment. Since there is no software installation required, Command Staff and supervisors can immediately focus on schedule and rules building as opposed to waiting to receive and install expensive hardware and software.
- Simple, low cost implementation for multiple locations. Multi-site locations do not require high power servers for Terminal Server or Citrix architectures with an SaaS model, thereby simplifying the implementation process.
- No capital outlay. As subscription fees are paid on a yearly basis with an SaaS model, it is easier to budget for such a solution and pass monthly costs through an operating budget. No expensive capital outlay of funds to purchase licenses is required.
- No updates or upgrades to install. Users enjoy access to the latest version of the solution at all times because updates, upgrades, and enhancements are made available automatically.
- No software support fees. Comprehensive support is all-inclusive and covered within the context of the subscription fee. Support services include: phone, e-mail, webinar, and VPN interactions with VCS’ certified technicians. Free refresher training webinars, a training video library, and quarterly software upgrades are some of the many other benefits provided to VCS clients.
- Access to comprehensive security. Automatic access to back-up, disaster recovery and support services are available through the SaaS model. Spend less time managing your application and more time on your core business activities.
- High Adoption. The solution is available from any computer or device 24/7/365. As most users have become more computer savvy these days, SaaS applications tend to have high adoption rates coupled with little or no learning curves.
- Seamless Integration. The VCS solution can indefinitely scale to meet the specific demands of any customer. SaaS clients will also benefit from dozens of custom built and tested interfaces to Payroll, Records Management, Computer Aided Dispatch, and many other valuable API’s.
- A Lower Total Cost of Ownership. When considering a SaaS solution, it is important to fully understand the benefits of the SaaS model as well as the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for hosted vs. premise-based solutions. When comparing the costs of a SaaS solution and a traditional, premise-based software solution, users often fall into the trap of simply comparing subscription fees for the SaaS model against the software license fees of a traditional system. The application license fees are simply a small subset of the total costs to implement, customize, manage, and support traditional software.
Additional Technical Specifications
To learn more about VCS' scheduling suite of automated software products, please click here to schedule your personalized software demonstration.