Using the right technology, you can automate everything from hiring to employee onboarding to compliance and benefits. Most organizations and businesses can’t function smoothly these days without a web-based workforce management software.
When an employee asks about their vacation days or benefits, or needs to view an old pay stub, how do you quickly and efficiently handle it? Software automates everything. In addition to everyday human resources tasks, such as document management, your platform will usually offer a competitive advantage by simplifying workforce management through key employee-employer integrations.
Using a cloud-based service has become a necessity for every business as they simplify human resource workflows. By reducing bottlenecks, increasing efficiency, and enhancing employee performance, these tools make a significant difference in the workplace.
What is this software all about? How does it function? And what will it accomplish for you and your staff?
An Overview: Main Features of Intelligent Workforce Management Options
The truth is, there is no common-denominator approach to human resources software. The challenges faced by HR departments vary by industry and business. Recruiting, hiring, tracking, and onboarding dozens, hundreds or thousands of new employees each year can be a demanding process. But on the other end of the spectrum, some companies just want robust and stable payroll, tracking, benefits, and compliance systems.
When choosing the right solution, consider certain core features. Assess what your organization needs and expects from human resources based on your situation.
There are a variety of benefits associated with the myriad solutions out there, but perhaps the most notable is a reduction of time spent on low-impact and repetitive administrative tasks. Human resource departments can devote more attention to other long-term strategic initiatives. Aside from improving workflow efficiency, reducing errors, receiving continuous constructive feedback, improving analytics, optimizing data organization, improving succession planning, and ensuring compliance with federal regulations, the software solution also has other major benefits:
- Benefits Activities and Payroll Administration/Operations: The majority of software options on the market include payroll and benefits management where you can run payroll directly. Managers often look for a combined solution since human resources and payroll are usually inseparable. Look for software that integrates with your payroll system if you already have a good payroll solution you’re using. Employees will find it more convenient to access everything from one platform.
- Predetermined Decisioning and Automation Technology: Automating repetitive tasks increases efficiency, so invest in software that eliminates manual labor and automates. The tracking of time-off, taxes, and other activities can be automated through certain tools. Your long-run savings will be substantial.
- Size of Organization or Business: As employee numbers and company sizes change, human resource needs will change. The needs of a small company, organization, or department with 10 – 20 employees are different from those of a large company with 100, 200, or 1,000 – 2,000 employees. The needs of large organizations are oftentimes more complex, and the software they use for human resources may include more features. Small businesses, on the other hand, often don’t require all the features provided by complex human resources systems.
- Remote Entry and Access: Self-service tools can be used on the employee side using software that comes with a mobile app. The administrative side can also benefit from it, too. You can eliminate the need to go to a physical office for some tasks. Managing, tracking, and completing tasks can be done in real-time by HR managers anywhere.
- Self-Service: It’s essential to have an employee self-service portal in today’s world. Employees can access vital information without having to contact human resources through phone calls, emails, or texts. Both employees and administrators will appreciate the time-saving feature. Make sure the software you choose aligns with your goals and addresses the challenges you are facing.
Different Kinds of Total Workforce Management Solutions
The software used in human resource management enables organizations to reach different goals:
- Human Resources Information System: This is used for a number of functions, such as recruiting and tracking applicants, handling payroll and benefits, storing employee information, ensuring regulatory compliance, and much more. There are several types of information systems, such as standalone applications, all-in-one systems, and databases.
- Worker Engagement and Interest: Engaging employees and teams is usually made easier by a platform. The most effective way to engage employees is through feedback, coaching, analytics, and focusing on tasks that matter most.
- Managing Performance: Employees, managers, and human resource specialists can use a performance management platform to evaluate employee skills, set performance goals, and track their progress.
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS): The purpose of an ATS is to simplify the hiring process for human resources within an organization. Job boards typically manage applicant data, post job openings to multiple job boards, and screen applications for potential matches.
- Onboarding and Socialization: The process of onboarding new employees becomes more efficient and effective with the use of onboarding software. To ensure new employees have a smooth onboarding experience, HR teams typically use electronic signatures, training tracking, employee questionnaires, and other automated functions.
Online Workforce Management: Bringing it All Together
These tools, in aggregate, are the combination of several systems and processes designed to manage and optimize the daily functions of human resources and achieve the overall goals of an organization’s labor force. Automating manual tasks, saving time, organizing employee information, and generating reports using the right software are all benefits, as well as eliminating the need for paper documents.
Additionally, payroll management, performance management, and time-tracking are some of the other tasks that are streamlined. One of the biggest benefits is reducing time spent on repetitive and low-impact administrative tasks. As a result, HR departments are able to focus more on strategic decisions.
For these reasons alone, this type of software solution has become popular regardless of a business’s size or type of industry. To stay competitive, high-performing human resource teams require the best software that can enhance your employees’ experience.
Reach out to VCS Software to gain a better understanding of how public employers, agencies, industries and small businesses are using the right smart workforce management solutions.